Skip to main content

Reply to "Access To Spare Tire made Easy (Magic Creeper)"

TerriB posted:
Careyj posted:
TerriB posted:

That is pretty cool.  I've been worried about how I would deal with both the Lance and my truck with the spares up underneath.  It's difficult enough for me the manhandle a large tire, much less when it's in an awkward position.  thanks.  Another item to put in the queue to spend money on!  

AAA Plus w/ RV

Good Sam Roadside Assistance

or....

I am not of the mind to mess with truck tires. Checked that one off my list long ago. If it is safe, I will sit patiently in the camper with Lestie and the dogs - maybe have a snack, or take a nap, or whatever, until the nice service truck guy arrives to take care of things. I will tip him nicely - and continue on.

Of course, this is me in my world.

I do have AAA w/RV but in many of the remote areas I travel, I don't get cell signal.  I have never (knocking on wood) had a flat on the road but I have changed flat bed trailer tires at my house.  Part of that, I think, is my husband being meticulous about preventative maintenance so I am pretty anal about checking my tire pressure before every trip and looking at the tires for potential problems.  Hopefully, I won't have a flat where I can't call AAA.  One thing I should do is try to get the truck tire out.  I read the manual and found where they hid the tools but I've never actually tried it.  Maybe it's not as hard as I'm imagining as Duckman said in his post.  

Thanks for the update, Pau Hana!

This is where I do my occasional pitch for a Personal Locator Device. These devices send a signal, via a satellite network, to a global emergency center which contacts local authorities. It is the same system used by shipping and airlines. The system can locate you within a meter of where you are and will also track you if you are on the move. There are all sorts of models and subscription plans. Lestie and I have The Spot. It is pretty basic and the satellite subscription can be deactivated when not in use. There are very sophisticated devices that also serve as satellite phones - pretty pricey.

Below is a link for The Spot. In the spirit of full disclosure, we are looking at some other devices as ours is going on 6 years old and there are more features now available. P,us subscription plans have changed. 

If you haven’t got one, I strongly recommend it.

http://www.pilotshop.com/catal...cim9BTBoCebIQAvD_BwE

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024