Skip to main content

Reply to "A-ipower SC2300i from Costco"

@Ivins posted:

I have a Generac GP3000i, which I've owned for about three years that cost at the time about a grand and wouldn't buy it again (it hasn't been a total failure when needed).  If it sets with gas in it for too long it wont run.  If its at altitude above 5k feet, nope!

Whatever you are thinking about getting, try hard to get one with fuel injection.  I understand Honda has a kit for changing the jet on the carb, but who wants to do that?

The new Honda EU 3200 has been tempting me. It does have fuel injection.

Currently I have two Honda's; a 2200 and 2000. The 2000 is in the serial number range which will pair with the 2200 (early 2000's will not). While I sometimes bring the 2200 when camping my main use of them is to pair them and power the house in a power outage. For that reason I have both of them set up with Hutch Mountain tri-fuel conversions. They can run on gasoline, natural gas and propane. It takes less than a minute to swap out the jet to convert from NG to propane or the other way. I leave them set up for NG at home and have a QD connection on the natural gas line to the house. If we were to loose NG I have them set up to suck from 5 gallon NATO gas cans. This setup works pretty slick as the Honda have a fuel pump and keep the gas tanks on the gennies full so it is easy to swap 5 gallon cans and keep running.

A friend who suffered a 6 month electric outage ran his 2200 Honda for 16 hours a day for the six months. He shut down every Saturday and changed the oil. When the power came back the unit was still putting out its rated power.

Both Hutch Mountain units are set up to let the carb run dry when running on gasoline. This eliminates the problem you mentioned. Hutch is coming out with a kit for the EU 3200 too.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024