Skip to main content

Reply to "A-ipower SC2300i from Costco"

Update on using the Costco Yamaha 2300 generator. I purchased this generator in March of 2021, and so far it has given me trouble free power while camping, and at home. In that time frame we have traveled with our 1997 Lance camper over 14000 miles from Colorado to Quebec Canada twice, Montana, Wyoming, North and South Dakotas. Lots of dry camping and power outages at home, and that little Yamaha has never failed to provide power for us. It does not run the air conditioner in our Lance, but does run everything else including microwave, hair dryer, furnace using our 30amp cord. Could not be happier with this purchase.

Keep on camping....it's what we do!

This yamaha has a 79cc engine. It may claim 2300 watts but that is not achievable from 79cc. The old Honda 2000 had a 100cc engine and the newer Honda 2200 has a 121cc engine. There is a reason the Honda costs more and in hard use outperforms its specs.

From my perspective, which may be different from yours, if the genny won't run the AC I don't see the point in carrying it.

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024