Skip to main content

Reply to "A-ipower SC2300i from Costco"

Thanks for the info on the Coleman Power Saver, I will have to look into that model will consider when the original needs replaced.

Dakota Cruiser....

Just for a visual to show how different models of air conditioners made by the same company draw different amperages, here are some comparisons I've run across and documented.   In the pics below you can see how the "PS" or Power Saver models really beat the rest at amperage draw if you have a small generator.   

DuoTherm  "13.5K BTU Brisk Air" models were common in older Lances.   They drew high amperage, which is why 2000 watt generators just couldn't run them.  15.1 amps while running.
2 Duo-Therm Brisk Air 13.5k BTU

The "Penguin" was a popular air conditioner because it was a low profile model.  But, it was a power hog at 14.425 amps draw while running.3 Dometic Penguin 13.5k BTU Low Profile.

You can be really FOOLED by Coleman's use of the word "MACH" in their models.  This particular 13.5K BTU "MACH3+" draws 13.1 amps while running.

4 Coleman 13.5 Non PS

On the other hand, the "MACH 3 PS" is also a 13.5K BTU air conditioner but as one can see in the "Power Saver" line (PS), it drew a mere 10 amps instead of the Mach 3+ shown above.  What a difference the fine details can provide.

5 Coleman 13.5 POWER SAVER model

This particular "MACH 1 PS" was a 11K BTU model and it appears in many recent model truck campers as the primary one installed.   It draws a mere 9.5 amps when running.   Easy for a 2000 watt generator to handle this.

6 Coleman 11k POWER SAVER model

Staying with the misleading "MACH" word, this is the Mach 8, a version that draws between 15.3 to 15.9 amps when running.

15k b

The Furrion is sometimes found in campers and trailers.   Their 15.5KBTU model draws 15.4 amps and their 13.5K BTU model draws only slightly less.

Furion Chill 15k at 15.4 amps

Attachments

Images (7)
  • 2  Duo-Therm Brisk Air 13.5k BTU
  • 3 Dometic Penguin 13.5k BTU Low Profile.
  • 4 Coleman 13.5 Non PS
  • 5 Coleman 13.5 POWER SAVER model
  • 6 Coleman 11k  POWER SAVER model
  • 15k b
  • Furion Chill 15k at 15.4 amps
Last edited by Doug, aka Atchafalaya Man
Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024