Skip to main content

Collection @ Quartzite Jan 17-24, 2019

Desert dry camping for those headed to RITV or just snowbirding and wanting to meet up with new Lance friends. 

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (65)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

Dave and Jerri,

Normally only Gathering  and Rallys are on the calendar. Not sure of your question, but the Quartzsite collection is an informal gathering of Lance owners in Quartzsite, AZ in January. It coincideds with 2 events, the Quartzsite giant RV show and RITV (Usery Reginial Park Mesa, AZ.) , which occur in mid January each year. If read this thread you'll get most the details. If you want to join us you are more than welcome!!

Bob

Tom & Cherie posted:

Is anyone going to Quartzite in Jan 2020?

There’s a thread about 2020 Quartzsite collection here: https://community.lanceowners.org/topic/3rd-annual-quartzsite-collection-january-2020

I’ll post coordinates when I occupy the spot on the 9th, or if someone gets there first before the 9th, let me know so we can compare notes if they aren’t sure where the spot we want is. I’ll be in the area before the 9th and will move over then to stay legal for the 14 day free limit.

It’s all very informal, just come and hang out with other Lance owners for however long you want to. So I didn’t post a calendar item.

Last edited by fpmtngal

Yes Tom & Cherie. Judging by the responses on this thread there will be quite a few Lance owners in Quartzsite in mid January. Some for the weather (snowbirds) some stopping (to shop and visit) on their way to RITV. Everyone is welcome!

Bob

Last edited by BobnRobin
flniehus posted:

I don't have a GPS any direction's??

Do you have a smartphone with Google Map? Plug them in the search line at the top. Here a map from the second off ramp on the east side of town.20190118_221926

Good luck

Bob

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 20190118_221926
Doug n Bonnie posted:
Millerfamily04 posted:
Kcdullea posted:

Driving in from Tucson, on the way to Las Vegas. Where do we meet? We have no idea what we are getting into, but we are excited!

Couldn’t pick a friendly group to hang out with! Have fun

I'm sure you meant a "friendlier " group...Hahaha.         By the time we make it, it sounds like there are going to be a "bazillion" Lances huddled together out in the Arizona desert!!!      They'll be able to see us from space!

We'll let you guys be the "Bazilliant"!! 

Safe Travels

BobnRobin

Kcdullea posted:

Driving in from Tucson, on the way to Las Vegas. Where do we meet? We have no idea what we are getting into, but we are excited!

We're a little out of your way to Las Vegas!! But that's fine, you are more than welcome!

Safe Travels

BobnRobin

Kcdullea posted:

You might be the only non Lifetime Member there, maybe they'll talk you into upgrading... 

Planner23899 posted:

Looking forward to getting up to Quartzite tomorrow evening.  I wanted to see if I could get the GPS coordinates where everyone is meeting at

Take care

Steve

See previous posts in this string

Doug n Bonnie posted:
Millerfamily04 posted:
Kcdullea posted:

I'm sure you meant a "friendlier " group...Hahaha.         By the time we make it, it sounds like there are going to be a "bazillion" Lances huddled together out in the Arizona desert!!!      They'll be able to see us from space!

Ok could use an auto correct for Grammer! At least all the word were spelled correctly.

hee hee

Millerfamily04 posted:
Kcdullea posted:

You are better off if you bring water from home, because most water here is full on minerals! And purified water cost $0.25/ga. It's up to you. The only grade to pull is Chiriaco out of Indio after that it's flat.

Good luck

BobnRobin

LJJ posted:

I was looking forward to this gathering.  Sometimes health gets in the way.  Hope everyone enjoys the time.

Sorry Jim we will miss you at Quartzsite and Whitetank. Take and get back to traveling real soon!

BobnRobin

There is places in town where you can drive through and dump as well fill up your fresh water tank.  We fill up in town and then as well stop in and fill up a portable 5 gallon fresh water tank and top off our water while there.  Then when we leave we dump as heading out.  Yes there are trucks that come around and will fill up your fresh and dump if you are there for a while.  

Looking forward to our trip heading out on January 18th for the long weekend 

Warren Carter posted:
Notvaporlocked posted:
Warren Carter posted:

I read on another site that at Quartzite water delivery and waste water and black water tank services were available. Is this true? 

Thanks for info!

There is at least one area that has those services available.  The one I saw last year was a fee area.  The area we use for the collection does not have that available.  There is a couple places in town that are drive in’s where everything can be found.  The one we use is called The Pit Stop north part of town on 95.

Thanks for the info. Do you travel with water tank full and fill at Quartzite?

Thanks...sorry for all of the questions. First time at Quartzite and boondocking.

Notvaporlocked posted:
Warren Carter posted:

I read on another site that at Quartzite water delivery and waste water and black water tank services were available. Is this true? 

Thanks for info!

There is at least one area that has those services available.  The one I saw last year was a fee area.  The area we use for the collection does not have that available.  There is a couple places in town that are drive in’s where everything can be found.  The one we use is called The Pit Stop north part of town on 95.

that option. One final "dumb" question, do you travel with 

Whatever you are comfortable with the weight full of water, what rig you have and how far you are traveling with access to good water before arriving are just some of the questions you can think about.  The water in Quartzite at the Pit Stop was good and last year cost $4.00 to fill your tank.  There is also metered water to fill jugs last year was 25 cents a gallon or 5 gallons for a buck.  We have traveled both full of fresh and with limited quantities,  we just factor in all the particular variables for each trip.  Your tow vehicle and rig is a big factor. 

Notvaporlocked posted:
Warren Carter posted:

Thanks for info!

Thanks for the info. Do you travel with water tank full and fill at Quartzite?

Thanks...sorry for all of the questions. First time at Quartzite and boondocking.

Notvaporlocked posted:
Warren Carter posted:

Thanks for info!

that option. One final "dumb" question, do you travel with 

Warren Carter posted:

Thanks for info!

Warren Carter posted:

Thanks for info!

The Gathering in on BLM land about 2 mi out of Quartzsite. There are a number of business in Quartzsite where you can dump and refill you water, at a small fee. This area is a heaven for Snowbirds this time of the year and many business cater to their needs.

Happy Camping

BobnRobin

Hey peeps....

Here for the New Years by the Colorado river. It’s cloudy, 51 and expect to be in the 30’s tonite. Great air quality!  A couple of rigs pulled out and headed back to Florida for warmth....Should be heating up over the next couple of weeks....

Lance Owners of America - All Rights Reserved 2000 - 2024
Link copied to your clipboard.