Casual Lance Rally & Get Together - Flying Flags - Nov 8 - 12, 2018

Here is the list of interested attendees so far:

1)  MichaelM (Michael & Joni)
2)  Nutman  (Linda & Larry)
3)  ReadyForRetirement  (Chuck & Sue)
4)  HawkerTech  (Keith & Sharon)
5)  USAFRSQ
6)  CarrieJohnson  (Glynn & Carrie)
7)  R&V Spiker  (Randy "The Woodman" and Viv)
8)  WoodGlue (Lauren)

Address

https://highwaywestvacations.com/properties/flyingflags
Address

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (29)

Newest · Oldest · Popular
The Funkeys posted:
OK shoot we just got our camper last week, all spots are taken except
special RV Site at $166.00 a night! I DontThinkSo. If you have any last
minute cancellations please let me know, Thanks

Joe Funkey
(760) 578-6131

Funkey Industries

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:13 AM Lance Owners of America <alerts@hoop.la>
wrote:

Joe, We've had a cancellation due to the freeway closures...still interested?

OK shoot we just got our camper last week, all spots are taken except
special RV Site at $166.00 a night! I DontThinkSo. If you have any last
minute cancellations please let me know, Thanks

Joe Funkey
(760) 578-6131

Funkey Industries

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:13 AM Lance Owners of America <alerts@hoop.la>
wrote:
The Funkeys posted:

We would like to attend the rally in Buellton? I tried calling the park they said I should contact you. Thanks

Unfortunately, my allocated spots have all been taken. If you can possibly make your own reservation directly with Flying Flags (not as part of the rally), you're more than welcome to join in the fun and participate in all the activities, but you probably won't be camped near the rest of us.

Sorry, but that's the best I can offer you at this time.

Lorrie and Ken posted:
Michaelm posted:
Lorrie and Ken posted:

This will be our first outing with our Lance 1685. Looking forward to meeting y'all and getting ideas on customizing things, etc.

Welcome to the party!  Did you folks make your own reservation with Flying Flags?  If so, did you tell them you're part of the LOA rally?

Yes we did make our own reservation. We did the reservation on line so I don't believe we let them know we were part of the rally (we hadn't joined LOA yet!). We can call them and update that. We'll be coming in on Friday.  

Looking forward to it!

@Lorrie and Ken, Please check your private messages.

Michaelm posted:
Lorrie and Ken posted:

This will be our first outing with our Lance 1685. Looking forward to meeting y'all and getting ideas on customizing things, etc.

Welcome to the party!  Did you folks make your own reservation with Flying Flags?  If so, did you tell them you're part of the LOA rally?

Yes we did make our own reservation. We did the reservation on line so I don't believe we let them know we were part of the rally (we hadn't joined LOA yet!). We can call them and update that. We'll be coming in on Friday.  

Looking forward to it!

Lorrie and Ken posted:

Well folks, we're officially less than 30 days to our rally.  We have 34 campers signed up for the rally!  And maybe a few who made their own ressies. I've been thinking about a notional (and informal) agenda.  Suggestions or comments/thoughts are welcome...nothing is carved in stone at this point.

If there's sufficient interest, we can charter a bus or van for a wine-tasting excursion...please let me know if you'd be interested in sharing the cost...I have no idea how much that could be, but if it's too expensive, obviously we wouldn't do it.

Wed, Nov 7     Early arrivals...no party site

Thu, Nov 8      Twenty-plus campers arrive...party site available. Check-ins, name tags.  Possible road trip to San Luis Obispo Farmers Market?? Campfire and fellowship for those staying on-site.

Fri, Nov 9      Remaining campers arrive...check-in. Visit to Trailer Hitch RV and Nipomo Flea Market??  Wine Tasting?  Beer Tasting?  White Elephant, 50/50 Raffle at party site.

Sat, Nov 10    More Wine/Beer Tasting?  Tri-tip BBQ and Pot Luck dinner. Flag Retirement Ceremony, conducted by Frank 2285. General fellowship around the campfire in the party site.

Sun, Nov 11    Some departures...27+ campers remain. Pot Luck left-overs for dinner?  And of course, general fellowship around the campfire in the party site.

Mon, Nov 12     Formal end to rally

DwightMcCann posted:

Is it kosher to ask for guidance on repairs at these events ... I have a cracked bathroom sink in my 2015 1172. Would love to find folks to RV wtih.

Asking about repairs, or anything else is a big part of the fun.

Ask any 2 LOA members, and get 5 different answers...... 

Actually, we have some really talented people in many different specialties. Most really like to give suggestions.

See you there

Engunir posted:

If we were thinking of attending, how does this sort of get-together work (e.g., do we make our own reservation, or go through someone; is there any group-reservation/discount we need to know for making a reservation; are any group-activities planned;...)? 

Are there any issues if we came in a non-Lance vehicle?  We own a Lance pickup-camper; but also have a (non-Lance) trailer that we'd like to try-out locally before using for any longer trips.

Feel free to respond to me directly (off-list), rather than burdening others with my ignorance of these sort of activities.

Thx.

V&K

Sending you a PM with info...

If we were thinking of attending, how does this sort of get-together work (e.g., do we make our own reservation, or go through someone; is there any group-reservation/discount we need to know for making a reservation; are any group-activities planned;...)? 

Are there any issues if we came in a non-Lance vehicle?  We own a Lance pickup-camper; but also have a (non-Lance) trailer that we'd like to try-out locally before using for any longer trips.

Feel free to respond to me directly (off-list), rather than burdening others with my ignorance of these sort of activities.

Thx.

V&K

Wow!   All of our LOA friends, all on one place!   Wish we could be there with you, but it looks like we will probably be dealings with selling our place in Oregon right then.  You all have a wonderful time, as I'm sure you will!  

The Yes Interested List:

1)  MichaelM (Michael & Joni)
2)  Nutman  (Linda & Larry)
3)  ReadyForRetirement  (Chuck & Sue)
4)  HawkerTech  (Keith & Sharon)
5)  USAFRSQ
6)  CarrieJohnson  (Glynn & Carrie)
7)  R&V Spiker  (Randy "The Woodman" and Viv)
8)  WoodGlue (Lauren)
9)   Robert H (Rob & Sue)
10) Sealyin (Joanna & Mike)
11) Logboy (Roger)
12) Clutch  (Craig & Bonnie)
13)  RBROTSKY (Russ & Roxie)
14)  BobnRobin  (Bob & Robin)
15)  Frank2285  (Frank & Susan)
16)  WestNest  (Bonnie & Ron)
17)  FPMTNGAL  (Harriet)
18)  Sally Lawrence  (Sally)
19)  SKYHAWK (Tom & Linda)